Do’s and Don’ts of Customer Service for Realtors
Real estate agents have to fill the shoes of many different roles. They are not only salespeople but coaches, problem solvers and much of the time, customer service representatives. Clients expect to be able to count on their agents for answer before, during and even after the transaction. Following a few dos and don’ts will ensure not only happy clients, but more successful deals as well.
- Do answer the phone, text, email and carrier pigeon.
- Do get the right answer, not the fastest answer.
- Do take on tasks which are easy for you to handle, even if it’s not your “job.”
- Do consider hiring an assistant or virtual assistant if you are too busy to respond to questions in a timely manner.
- Don’t answer questions you’re not qualified to answer; refer to a professional in that field.
- Don’t ignore problems hoping the client will forget about it.
- Don’t answer questions unless you know your answer is correct.
- Don’t use terms that the client will not understand, make it simple.
Questions are a part of real estate transactions; your clients will have them. How you answer them is playing your customer service role and one way to make sure your clients come back in the future for their future real estate needs.