17 Jan WEEKLY MARKETING Q & A – SHOULD REAL ESTATE AGENTS BLOG?
Q: Should Real Estate Agents Blog?
A: Yes. There are a number of reasons real estate agents should blog!
Agents should blog to give potential clients a better understanding of their work, and because blogging is an effective way for agents to establish themselves as experts in their field with something tangible to offer buyers and sellers alike. Blogging also helps agents build relationships with one another by sharing knowledge, experiences, insights into market trends and other topics related to real estate that can’t be found anywhere else but on the internet.”
Agents should blog if they want to be more visible in the real estate industry. Blogging can help agents connect with potential clients, build their personal brands, and increase leads for their business. It also helps them stay up-to-date on trends affecting the market where they live or work that may not show up in statistics alone. Agents who blog regularly tend to rank higher on search engine results pages (SERPS) when people are looking for properties near them, so it’s another way of getting discovered by new buyers.
Agents need to blog regularly about topics that are of interest not only to real estate agents but also to the general public. Blogging can provide an easy way for agents to share information and connect with potential clients online while increasing exposure for their business at a time when people are increasingly using the internet as a research tool before engaging with professionals offline.
Below is a list of blog topics to help real estate agents get started blogging:
- The current real estate market – What’s selling, what’s not, price points, etc.
- Tips for buying or selling a home – Tips for staging your home, preparing your finances, negotiating with buyers/sellers, etc.
- Changes in the real estate industry – New legislation that affects homeownership, new technologies in the industry, etc.
- Local news and events that may affect the real estate market – Renovations of historic homes in your area, new commercial developments nearby, etc.
- Interviews with successful real estate agents or homeowners who have successfully
PRO TIP: Agentcrate offers pre-written blogs agents can use easily included in our standard membership! We add new blogs monthly and have a huge library for real estate agents to choose from! It’s just one of the perks of our marketing membership for realtors!